Attention: Followers of Jesus
Matthew 16:24-25 says …..Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my name sake shall find it.
What it takes to start following the Lord is a crucifixion of selfish desires, opinions, affections for things that gratify flesh, and yes, sometimes dreams have to die…… and what it takes to continue on to the narrow & straight road to finish with everlasting life, is the same thing that it took to please HIM when you found him and it’s the same thing that it takes to receive the benefits of living life as The King’s kid. If your dream is from HIM and for HIM, then you are not risking its loss when you daily give it TO HIM.
It is dangerous to assume that we have learned God’s voice so much that we can begin thinking & talking for him and forget to CHECK WITH HIM! An annual check up or a conference based inventory is life threatening to a follower of God. The Lord wants to lead us daily and that means that we have to die daily so that we get behind him and not in front of him!
Our checklist FOR THE DAY, EVERY DAY remains the same:
1. Before decisions are made, before mood & expectations are set for the day…… Read your bible, worship & thank the Lord, acknowledge HIM in whom HE is and what HE likes! Do this to transform & realign your mind to meet with the cause that God himself loved enough to die for. Once you acknowledge HIS WILL for all of mankind, then you can begin to acknowledge what HE wants for you to do today! Our job is to fulfill the Old & New Testament, not to alter, erase or recreate it– there’s enough to do without adding one thing!
2. Acknowledge YOU & YOUR WAYS, in the presence of HIM…. this will automatically lead to no. 3.
3. Repent in Godly sorrow, humility & hope of who you can be if you’ll let your Creator recreate & change what does not meet up with who HE is and pray in the Holyghost until the Lord gives you the strength, courage & plan to change something/s about yourself .
4. Thank Him and worship Him for showing you something else that will save & direct your life .
5. Now you can bring your requests to Him boldly and begin to worship, praise & thank Him in faith that He is a wonderful Father, Friend & Redeemer that has good things planned for you if you ask according to HIS WILL.
After a daily checklist, it may be safe to assume that you are hearing the Lord’s voice and now it may be possible to say “God said “. Proverbs 9:10 …The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.